Staying secure and knowing that your car is in top condition is most necessary. Ideally, brake fluid will have to be checked steadily and changed each one to 2 years. As moisture seeps into the brake system throughout the brake hoses and seals the brake fluid will turn into contaminated and the danger of brake failure will increase. This pen-shaped brake fluid tester can easily lend a hand resolve whether it is time so that you can change your brake fluid.
What to do:
1. Turn at the brake fluid tester by pressing the button. A green light will have to remove darkness from. If the light does not come on, it can be time to switch a battery.
2. Unscrew the lid for the brake fluid reservoir, and take off the cap for the brake fluid tester.
3. Dip the test probes into the brake fluid and the LED lights will indicate the percentage of water within the brake fluid.
4. After testing, understand that to screw the lid of the brake fluid reservoir back on tightly.
5. The tester will routinely power off after 12 seconds of inactiveness.
The LED lights will indicate the percentage of water within the brake fluid:
Green/Yellow: Lower than 1%
Green /Yellow/Yellow: Approx. 2%
Green/Yellow/Yellow/Red: Approx. 3% (Time to switch brake fluid.)
Green/Yellow/Yellow/Red/Red: Approx. 4% (Change brake fluid instantly!)
– This brake fluid tester is calibrated for DOT 4 brake fluid only, which is utilized in most cars produced since 2006.
– Replace the battery if the green LED light no longer lights up once you press the button.
– Wash the test probe with tap water after each use.
– In case of skin contact with brake fluid, thoroughly wash the affected skin or clothing with water.
– Don’t expose brake fluid to the atmosphere for a very long time as it’s highly hygroscopic.
Quick and easy technique to test for moisture content within the brake fluid; results appear in seconds!
LED light indicators show percentage of water within the brake fluid
Calibrated for cars the usage of DOT 4 brake fluid only (found in most cars produced since 2006)
Takes 1 x AAA/1.5V battery (included)
Only takes seconds to understand the results